“[Auto-attendants] assist a business of any size in presenting a more organized, efficient, and, if necessary, more robust picture of itself,”. The right greeting can make the difference between a frustrated customer or a satisfied one.
To ensure that you keep customers happy and present a professional image, make your auto-attendant easy to navigate. We’ve compiled some sample call center greeting scripts that can be used in different situations, whether your company has a small customer support team or a massive call center with hundreds of people.
Main Menu Greetings
The attendant menu for your main contact number may be the first form of contact that a customer has with your business. Make sure your greeting is clearly articulated. Provide an option to speak with an operator if the caller has a question that is not addressed by the menu options.
1. Call Center Departments
Hello and thank you for calling, [Company Name], where [state your short company slogan]. If you know the extension of the party you are trying to reach, you may dial it at any time.
- To speak with a Sales representative, press 1.
- To reach a Customer Support agent, press 2.
- To reach our Billing department, press 3.
- If you would like to know our regular business hours and location, press 4.
- If you would like to speak with an Operator, press 0, or press 9 to repeat the available options.
2. Basic Customer Inquiry
Thank you for calling [Company Name]. If you know your party’s extension, please dial it at any time.
- To reach our company directory, press 1.
- For more information about [Company Name], press 2.
- If you are an existing customer, please press 3.
- For billing questions, press 4.
- To repeat menu options, press 9.
- For all other inquiries, press 0.
3. Language Options
Hello, you have reached [Company Name]. To continue in Arabic, press 1, for English, press 2. (Wait for customer to enter an option.)
- You’ve reached the main menu. To reach a staff member by name, please press 1.
- For sales inquiries, press 2.
- For technical support, press 3.
- To place a purchase order, press 4.
- For accounting, press 5.
- To find a store location near you, please press 6.
- Press 0 to speak with a representative.
Thanks for calling [Company Name].For more information about our products, press 1.
- If you have troubleshooting questions, press 2.
- For billing questions, press 3.
- For a Dial by Name directory, press 4.
- For our regular business hours, press 5.
- If you know your party’s extension, please dial it now.
- For all other inquiries, please stay on the line, and a representative will be happy to assist you.
5. Offering the Operator First
You’ve reached [Company Name], the [company’s slogan]. Please choose from the following menu options:
- To speak with the operator, press 0.
- For customer support, press 1.
- For troubleshooting questions, press 2.
- For accounting questions, press 3.
- For a list of our staff members, press 4.
- To leave us a message, press 5.
- To repeat these options, press 6.
A separate after-hours attendant menu can inform callers that your office is closed, state your business’ operating hours, and provide options that callers can immediately act upon. For example, you can direct them to your website for FAQs. If your business provides an account login page, remind your customers that they can log in at any time to get general account information. In this situation, be proactive.
6. After-Hour Options
Thanks for calling [Company Name]. Our offices are currently closed. Our business hours are from Sunday to Thursday 9 AM to 6 PM UAE Time, and Saturday 9 AM to 12 PM.
- If you would like to leave a message in our general voice mailbox, press 1. A representative will contact you the following business day.
- To reach our company directory, press 2.
- For business hours and directions to our office, press 3.
- You may also email us at [company email].
- For more information about our products and services, please visit us at [website].
- To repeat this message, press the * key.
7. Direct Customers to Your Account Login Page
Thank you for calling [Company Name]. Our offices are currently closed for the day. Standard office hours are Sunday to Thursday 9 AM to 6 PM UAE Time.
- Did you know that you can check your account status with us 24 hours a day / 7 days a week by visiting [account login webpage]? Here you can view information about your account, as well as answers to general questions you may have.
- Otherwise, please call back during standard office hours, and we will be happy to assist you. To repeat this message, press the # key.
Auto-attendants with a customized holiday greeting can be a festive way to mark the occasion. If you have a retail business, create a holiday greeting to inform customers of any limited-time sales you are offering. If your office is closed for the holiday, be sure you state this in your message.
8. Advertise Holiday Sales
Thank you for calling [Company Name]. To celebrate the holiday season, we are offering limited-time discounts on all purchases. Please ask your account representative about them today!
- To place an order, press 1.
- To follow up on an existing order, press 2.
- To speak with a representative about our products, press 3.
- If you have a billing question, press 4.
- To repeat the menu options, please press the * key.
9. Holiday Closures
Thank you for calling [Company Name]; we are currently closed in observance of [holiday name]. We will return on [Date] at 8 AM UAE Time.
- If you would like to reach our Dial by Name Directory, please press 1.
- To leave a voicemail, please press 2. A representative will contact you upon our return.
- To repeat this menu, please press the # key.
- [If no response after a few seconds] Goodbye.
Many companies offer an escape option so that if a caller ends up in a staff member’s voice mailbox, he or she can “escape” out of the mailbox and go back to the attendant menu. Use a customized auto-attendant for this situation.
10. Escape the Voicemail Box Option
You have reached the voicemail of [person’s name].
- If you would like to leave a voicemail, please press 1 and leave your name, number, and a brief message.
- If you would like to return to the main menu, please press the # key.
Professional Voice Recording for Phone System.
Keep in mind experience, quality, and breadth of service are of the utmost importance when choosing a voice recording company. Look for a company that bundles voice talent, a professional-grade sound studio, and the technical expertise to back it up. Email email@example.com to learn about our on-site talent and facilities, as well as our full library of royalty-free music and effects that can add liveliness and variety to your customers’ IVR recording experiences.
While some voice over services charge for each individual recording or prompt, we take a more practical approach to pricing. After letting you hear a recorded sample based on the text you provide, we record all the IVR prompts you to need, creating separate files as necessary. We then offer a package price for the entire order.
Better customer experience.
Direct callers to the right employee, department, company info, or voicemail so your customers always find who—or what—they’re looking for.
When customers call, your greeting is their first impression—and auto attendant ensures even the smallest businesses sound like a big company.
When editing and mixing our clients’ projects, WEENstudio exclusively uses Pro Tools, the most advanced and widely used recording platform in the world, so you are guaranteed the highest audio quality.
We are highly sensitive to client requests. Most of our projects are delivered within 24 – 48 hours. Larger projects may take longer, but we are ready to take on any challenge. in a rush?
Quickly find the right voice actor through our deep search function. We have native talents in every language and we cover every style so you’re guaranteed to find the perfect match!
Audio recording, audio editing, video editing, transcription, translation, and subtitling, and just about any post-production service you can think of – we can handle it!
• Any Format – mp3, wav (a-Law, u-Law, PCM), sin, vox, gsm, and all other formats needed • Any Language – we currently voice in over 80 Languages • 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Complete your project on time and on a budget!
Whatever your post-production audio needs are, we’ve got you covered! while we take care of you and your project details.